Before your brow appointment
Preparing for your brow important is an important aspect of optimal recovery and achieving amazing results.
Following the below instructions to achieve best results:
* Do not work out the day of the procedure.
* Do not tan or have sunburned face.
* Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours beforehand.
* No alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure.
* No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
For 30 days before your brow appointment we recommend you avoid:
* Botox and Fillers
* Fruit or Milk acids
* Laser Treatments
* Chemical Peels
* Exposure to strong sunlight
Please note you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
After your brow appointment
*No exercise or extended direct sunlight for 7 days.
* The tattooed area will appear darker and bolder for up to a week. This is normal and will resolve as they heal.
* During the 6-8 week healing process, the tattoo will soften and lighten. Although the true colour will appear after at least 6 weeks.
* Redness and swelling is usually minimal, and will disappear within 48 - 72 hours.
* The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
* Avoid touching the tattooed area.
* Keep the tattooed area clean by rinsing with lukewarm water and patting dry with a disposable paper towel.
* Avoid soaps or cleansers on the treated area for the first 2-3 days as this can affect final colour and result.
* DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
* DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Chemicals of any kind affect healing and final result.
* Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment.
* Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
* Glycolic acid and face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
* If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolour the tattooed area.
* Colour duration primarily depends on how oily the skin is. The oilier the skin, the shorter the colour lasts.
* Sweating and sun exposure reduce colour.
* The healing is fully completed after 28 days and this is when we perform an obligatory addition of the pigment that has been lost. With problematic and oily skins, we may need additional appointments to achieve desired result.
* The success of the treatment depends on the:
* Skin Quality
* Post-treatment flow and Care
* Exposure to different external factors
* All of these factors are out of the artists’ control, so any possibility to provide guarantees for the treatment is excluded